Wednesday 20 October 2021

 

Gajalakshmi Paramasivam


20 October 2021

 

 

Sri Lankan President = Idi Amin? – Totally Skewed

As per my discovery, when I am true to myself, I write my own constitution. This is the basis of my own karmic structure. But before realising this, I was unhappy when I did not witness outcomes as expected. This pushed me into solitude. That solitude helped me realize that many, about whose opinions I cared, did not think of me at all. I thus felt free not to think of them but to include within me their values that seemed ‘right’ to me. These were my ‘other’ side. Together they became one half of my structure. The other was myself.

How did I mark rights and wrongs? – through my own structure that developed when I contributed to ‘commonness’ – the ‘us’ value. It is this ‘us’ value that removes fear and anxiety of loss from our minds. Hence leaving out that which did not seem right to me but including as part of myself / my opposition/other side, the aspects that  seemed right to me.

Institutional structures help us mark rights and wrongs as per the laws Common to us. They lead to developing our own constitutions. If our focus is more on the individual than on the position, we would fail to contribute positively to development of reliable structures.

In his Daily Mirror article ‘The Last King of Scotland The new normal of Sri Lanka is both Grimmer and ludicrous than dark comedy’ Ranga Jayasuriya highlights as follows:

[Gotabaya Rajapaksa, the eighth executive President, and the incumbent in the office seems to believe that the next thing Sri Lanka needs right after the pandemic is a new constitution and a new electoral system.

The President elected by the People is the ‘other side’ of the citizen. The President is the parallels of my ‘other half’ as presented above. At the time of being elected – the voters were shaken by the Easter Bombings which confirmed the power of Muslim minorities in non-Muslim areas. Instead of seeking where they went wrong with Tamils, Sinhalese blamed the war on Tamils and effectively erased the good Tamil from their minds. By failing to take care of themselves as independent citizens who were juniors to those in government, voters became slaves by expecting who are permanently dependant on their masters. The junior becomes Equal when s/he performs as per her/his position duty. Likewise a citizen and hence the voting power at 18. Through this voting right, the citizen elects her/his other side as government. The collection of this other side is recognized as Government and Opposition in parliament.

Through his above claim/judgment, Ranga Jayasuriya is confirming that he is not able to identify with Mr Rajapaksa as his ‘other’ half. But he fails to point to an alternate leader who does. This then requires Ranga Jayasuriya to stand for Presidency at the next elections. If Ranga Jayasuriya is not ready to do this then he needs to become his own other half to fill the ‘gap’. When he does that – the current occupant has the duty to ‘facilitate’ such a citizen. Thus it becomes Appe Aanduva / Our Governance. Merely finding fault makes us foreigners. Foreigners do not have the right to judge. When they observe they have the right to use it in their own homelands. Likewise they do not have the right to bring externals like Idi Amin / the film - The Last King of Scotland to Sri Lankan reality.

The strange commonness that my true contribution to the position of President was this:

[Garrigan soon becomes Amin's trusted confidant and is relied on for much more than medical care, such as matters of state. Although Garrigan is aware of violence around Kampala, he accepts Amin's explanation that cracking down on the opposition will bring lasting peace to the country.] – Wikipedia

[பிரதமர் மஹிந்த ராஜபக்சவின் பிரத்தியேக மருத்துவராக கடமையாற்றி வந்த அமரர் எலிந்த வைட்டின் பிள்ளைகள் இருவருக்கும் 21 பொலிஸ் உத்தியோகத்தர்கள் பாதுகாப்பு வழங்கி வருவதாக குற்றம் சுமத்தப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஐக்கிய மக்கள் சக்தியின் நாடாளுமன்ற உறுப்பினர் நிரோசன் பாதுக்க (Niroshan Paadhuka) இந்த குற்றச்சாட்டை சுமத்தியுள்ளார்.] டொக்டர் எலியந்த வைட்டின் பிள்ளைகளுக்கு வழங்கப்பட்டுள்ள பலத்த பொலிஸ் பாதுகாப்பு - தமிழ்வின் (tamilwin.com)

 

The above states that PM Mahinda Rajapaksa’s doctor the late Eliyantha  White’s children have been provided with security by 21 Police Officers. The issue has been raised by Opposition MP – Niroshan Paadhuka

 

Both are about personal physicians of the leaders – published around the same time.

Lateral Déjà vu? Does this  mean that Tamilwin = Daily Mirror ? – the same way Ranga indicates that Mr Gotabaya Rajapaksa = Idi Amin? When the lay person’s sharing is more authentic than that of the official media – it means – that like the President, the official media also needs new laws which would confirm our true structures in Journalism.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment