Wednesday 30 June 2021

 

Gajalakshmi Paramasivam


30 June 2021

 

ARE TAMILS INDIANS FOREMOST?

Most religions confirm the soul within us. In the secular world this is recognised as truth / love. Truth is formless and is often recognised as ‘facts’. Truth discovered by us stays with us as positive Energy. Truth ignored by us becomes negative Energy when we fail to pay our dues to the benefits we enjoy. Those dues  in a belief based system take the form of  ‘expressions of gratitude’ ‘respect’ ‘appreciation’ etc. When my work is appreciated by someone, I would know it within me – because most of my work is based on truth realised by me. I believe that once generated – that Energy is within me forever. From time to time its manifestation can be blocked by desire or fear based thoughts but when I go into my work as internal virtual reality – I identify with that Energy. This I feel is recognized as Intuition in common language.

On the basis of the above - what is my experience of Ceylon Today article ‘Modi to Open Jaffna Indian Cultural Centre as Planned’ by Sulochana Ramiah Mohan ?

As a person who feels ownership in Jaffna, I feel happy that the Prime Minister of India is coming to Jaffna for this specific purpose. It confirms the value of Jaffna Tamil investment in Politics which was strong enough to invoke highest level regional support. It would also offset any threat from other foreign governments such as the government of China. Communist Party in Jaffna was related to China. Keeping this in mind, I read and listened to reviews of the film Tamil Methagu (the honourable) that has been released recently. The film is about LTTE Chief Velupillai Prabhakaran.

If one takes the film as true, then I become their Opposition. It is based largely on the last manifestations during  the last stages of the armed war. As a local sharing in the experiences of the victims, I do not identify with Prabhakaran as an honourable leader. As one who represented armed protestors – Prabhakaran was my internal opposition. Knowing this truth is essential to Energise the educated politician – naturally representing Tamils to whom education is a pathway to independence.

Velupillai Prabhakaran had every opportunity to become independent through the pathway of higher education. Had he done so, the 2009 massacre would have been prevented. By treating MG Ramachandran as his Big Brother, Velupillai Prabhakaran contributed to Tamil cinema. Naam Thamilar Party’s head Seeman was also a Tamil politician from the cinema industry.

The parallel of the above is the Rajapaksa leadership using money above belief to promote itself. In effect China became the Big Brother of Sinhalese due to money. One who is driven by money foremost cannot be a travelling in Buddha’s footsteps.

To the extent Tamils of Sri Lanka are conscious of Sri Lanka being their nation, India’s investment in Tamil areas of Sri Lanka would promote merger between Equals. Those who are conscious of being Tamil only – would effectively become part of India’s Tamil Nadu. I am therefore their natural Opposition. If we truly feel independent – any place where we feel free – is our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment