Friday 9 October 2020

 

Gajalakshmi Paramasivam

09 October  2020

 

 

Buddhist in Law

One who lives by outcomes becomes a victim of circumstances. Structures help us regulate our pathways towards independence and thus prevent us from becoming victims of circumstances. Structures come with their own true laws. Through my personal experience with a relative in law, I realised that those who develop a structure – in this instance a family structure – will appear as intuitive messages to inform and alert the person about members of that structure – so that the person does not get cheated and would be motivated. I believe that women who successfully integrate with husband’s family of diverse culture – are blessed by such structural developers. Hence in Hinduism they are known as Shakthi / Energy. The message did not come to my husband who is visible part of the structure, but to me for this reason. Likewise messages from Lord Buddha could come to Buddhists in law and not to Buddhists who carry its status and actively use such status.

I had this experience also at the University of NSW – where the Auditor General became the medium of my Energy. I accumulated that Energy as a migrant woman of minority status, upholding the values of my profession as ‘shown’ by Australia to wider world – largely through White Australians back then. I was then an Australian in law.

I was yesterday directed to the Island report headed ‘If not for Ashraff LTTE would have achieved Eelam – Zuhair’ . My cumulative investment / karma in public writing,  led me through this to the Sunday Times interview with the then minister the Hon M.H.M. Ashraff, under the heading ‘Ashraff 'talks' with Lord Buddha’.

As per Sunday Times report of 28 November 1999:

[The Mahanayake of the Malwatte Chapter has called on the government to take action against Minister M. H. M. Ashraff for what the prelate sees as an insult to Buddhism through an imaginary dialogue with the Buddha.

"It takes an immense amount of merit to see a Buddha or any other founder of a religion with one's own eyes, and especially to meet a Buddha, a Buddhist must strive for thousands and thousands of lives," the Ven Rambukwelle Sri Vipassi Mahanayake said.]

The above criticism seems to imply that Buddha would be seen more by a Buddhist than by a non-Buddhist or a Buddhist in law. Given that the Sri Lankan constitution requires the Government to uphold Buddhism, every non-Buddhist in government becomes a Buddhist in law. The Hon MHM Ashraff was a Buddhist in law. Likewise, Mr Douglas Devananda who is a minister in the current government. The most outstanding manifestation at present is the current Minister for Justice, Dr Ali Sabry. When I take de facto governing position in Sri Lanka, I feel the empowerment of Buddha. When I feel frustrated due to what I consider to be poor Sri Lankan Government practices, I invoke Lord Buddha in that structure. Then I have a conversation with my Buddha. It always works – confirming that the net value of my investment in Buddhist values is stronger than the Buddhist in official position who draws benefits in the name of Buddhism also. Together, Buddha and I then become the Energy that works that position. This automatically sets aside that officer who blocked my pathway due to lower investment in Common pathways.

Do I believe that the conversation with Buddha by a Muslim is an insult to Buddha ? NO

Do I believe that the conversation with Buddha by a Muslim is disciplinary action against  a Sri Lankan Buddhist leader close to government – YES.

The call by Buddhist clergy is therefore frivolous to my mind as per my structure.

Minorities who take junior position and complete a relationship as per the secular law and continue to hold that position are blessed by the developers and maintainers of that structure that the position is part of.

The Hon M.H.M. Ashraff added his Energies to the Vaddukoddai Resolution in 1976 and contributed strongly to Tamil-Muslim unity – which in turn was healthy for Sri Lanka. In turn it produced the democratic picture of Equal Opposition Leadership in National Parliament through the 1977 Elections. The Hon M.H.M. Ashraff contributed to this and this value of Equality is inherited the heirs of the Hon M.H.M. Ashraff.

It was the separatist agenda of the LTTE that caused some damage to this unity structure.  LTTE was outcome driven and used autocracy towards showing those outcomes. If they had indeed achieved Eelam – we would have had the Rajapaksa parallel in Eelam with Tamil Army taking over Civilian positions. Thank you Buddha for enlightening  and empowering the Hon M.H.M. Ashraff as well as the likes of me to work through the Buddhist position holders to uphold the sovereignty of Lanka. If North & East had been merged and Eelam was achieved, Tamils would have treated Muslims the same way Sinhalese treated Tamils before Indian intervention. But the Hon Rajiv Gandhi is likely to have lived longer at the physical level.

No comments:

Post a Comment