Wednesday 5 December 2018



Gajalakshmi Paramasivam

05 December 2018

Hey Presto! Sri Lankan Magic


Likewise, with People – when we genuinely care, we go to the depth where that person is natural and therefore true. When we place ourselves in them at that level, we read them through ourselves. Hence we interpret their truth in our language. That is the universal power of truth. We become them. The rest would not matter to us one way or the other in our own world. That is the way of Sovereignty. In a subjective system  - we need that power of one mindedness to successfully work the system to be of value to all. As juniors we submit to seniors. As seniors we include the juniors – who may think they are of higher status than us.

 I therefore felt good when I noted this morning,  Mr Ravi Ladduwahetty’s name in my email ‘inbox’. Felt even better when I noted the absence of ‘reporting’ threats – as if we needed externals/foreign powers. I  made the connection then that my communication with Ms Kendra Okonski of the International Policy Network (IPN), which is presented as a corporate-funded group, had produced some positive value. My response to Ms Okonski who promised action against me for harassment, included the following message:
[Since I am Australian Tamil and you are American non-Tamil, I find you guilty of Racial Discrimination. But unlike you, who goes crying to the authorities , I set out to educate you and cure you of your ignorance – which I feel is strongly due to you being pampered as a White American. Through my experiences in Australia I believe that the Australian Authorities lack the wisdom needed to uphold justice in multicultural environments. May be you would assimilate and then they would oblige you.
 In any case, I note that you have failed to send me a copy of your report to Telstra. You have instead ‘shown’ the address as if  you are Telstrar . Telstrar would lose business and also risks legal actions if it ‘blocked’ my work in sharing my wisdom with the Public.
The two essentials needed for Racial Discrimination in this instance are : (1) that you and I are apparently of different racial cultures (2) you demonstrated attribution of lesser benefits, including status,   to me  without using one or more common measures.
You state that you reported me for harassment. Since I do not have your details in my list – I conclude that you speak on behalf of someone who has complained – the strongest ‘threat’ coming  from Mr Ravi Ladduwahetty who is apparently Sinhalese. Those in this email group are mostly writers in common forums. Hence we need to look into ‘commonness’ requirements so we do not hijack others’ work and rights. Unless therefore I personally attacked anyone here – I am not guilty of harassment. But the readers may think they are harassed – as you also claim. Users of Public Space must either believe that their expressions and/or  actions are valuable to the Public or are based on Equal Opportunity basis – where direct, objectively measurable benefits are derived from such work.  Belief based work is beyond criticism through human laws. Unless therefore you establish that I directly benefited from such work – I conclude that you are suffering from ‘superiority’ complex. This could happen when someone ‘shows’ you and/or indicates to you some benefits and opportunities that can happen if you take this up as your crusade at a time you have ‘idle’ space due to your external knowledge and are therefore experiencing eustress.  
Ms Okonski, I eagerly await your firm action in this regard as your harassment becomes my opportunity to contribute to elimination of racial discrimination. If you are truly a policy person as indicated in Public space – you would complain to a common global monitor and in the process contribute to Global Policy – as per your published status. You have thus far demonstrated private desire only – as confirmed by the information that you are ‘Daughter of a US lumber industrialist’.  Now I am beginning to feel harassed that my public space is being  hijacked by you. May be Telstrar will clear the picture. ]
Yesterday when I learnt about Sri Lankan student Nizamdeen who was arrested under suspicions of Terrorism - that ‘NSW Police has detained Arsalan Khawaja, the brother of Test cricket star Usman Khawaja, over the alleged terror hit list, which was found in an office in the same building as the university's library earlier this year.’ I asked myself as to how they did not know this in the first instance – when they arrested Khawaja’s relative Kamer Nizamdeen or at least during the preliminary investigations? The response from within me which is based on direct experience – is that University of NSW (UNSW) has subjective power over NSW Police and hence their minds would have merged. UNSW as per my discovery has negative racial karma including through their failure to recognize  me on merit basis.

Where there are idle laws,  the devil enters the minds of those who use those laws without understanding them and/or without faith in them or their origins. The Racial Discrimination Laws were largely idle at the University of NSW during my experience there. Likewise the Anti Terrorism Laws are largely idle laws for NSW Police due to lack of common belief in coloured migrants. Had the NSW Police and the UNSW practiced these laws and/or invested deeply in Muslim migrants by including them – Kamer Nizamdeen would have been naturally protected. For his part Kamer Nizamdeen wanted the grades and status more than feeling ownership in global education. He combined forces with a group (NSW Police-UNSW) which carries negative karma in relation to racial equality – including through migrants from Sri Lanka. Whether they recognize it or not – when they take more than is their due, they actually become juniors of the person/s whose credits they took. When they ‘tell’ such a person they negate the investment in multicultural policy by their institutions and governments. Whether we consciously include it or not, our Truth includes Itself and from time to time – self-manifests to meet the need of one who lives by her/his truth.

This happened also in the case of  Ms Okonski and Mr Ladduwahetty who were ‘telling’ me effectively in terms of Sri Lankan governance. As stated above – one who ‘includes’ recognizes  the truth of the included and the truth manifests at that level when there is need by either side. I identify with  the manifestation of Transparency that  Mr Ladduwahetty through his following email, has demonstrated:

[From: Ravi Ladduwahetty [mailto:raviladu@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 December 2018 2:54 AM
To: Gajalakshmi_Param
Subject: OF FOLLOWING PRESIDENTS AND IMPOSING ONE SELF !!
I WROTE TO  YOU  TO INFORM  YOU THAT I HAVE  POLITELY TOLD  YOU TO STRIKE  ME OFF  YOUR E MAILING LIST AND  YOU HAVE, MOST HILARIOUSLY   IMPUTED  THIS AS MY FOLLOWING  THE PRESIDENT !!  CONVOLUTED  LOGIC AT BEST !!

 JUST AS  MUCH AS YOU  HAVE THE  CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT  OF THE FREEDOM OF  EXPRESSION, I  ALSO AS A MATTER OF  FACT, HAVE EVERY RIGHT  TO  BE FREE OF  YOUR  DIATRIBE  WHICH I AM THE LEAST INTERESTED  IN!  SO, PLEASE  DONT SEND THIS  UNSOLICITED CRAP AT  ALL.  AND PLEASE  DONT IMPOSE YOUR  SELF WITH YOUR  UNSOLICITED ADVICE !  IN SHORT, TO TELL YOU IMPOLITELY  AS YOU DONT GET THE MESSAGE  WHEN IT IS SAID  POLITELY , PLEASE DONT BE A FORWARD   LUMP !!!  UNDERSTAND ? !!  MATCH OVER !!    
RAVI  LADDUWAHETTY
MEDIA RELATIONS CONSULTANT, FREELANCE JOURNALIST  & INTERNATIONAL CORRESPONDENT  

22/9, SUBADRA MAWATHA, MADIWELA, KOTTE, SRI LANKA 
  
MOBILES  0094(0) 777-388338, 0094 (0) 773-388338,  0094(0)773-853463, 0094(0) 717-388338, 0094(0)702-666852, 0094(0)702-661384, 0094(0)753-388338 0094(0)756-388338 

Now, to my simple mind, a freelance journalist – to become international – needs to qualify the independence test. Such a person should not ‘plead’ – even to show politeness. There are three of them ‘PLEASE’ requests in the above paragraph.  From ‘telling me’ now Ravi is ‘requesting me’. As his senior in democracy – as per my assessment – I point to ‘block sender’ or ‘delete button’ facilities. We do not need female servants to do that domestic work. When we reach the truth  the MATCH is naturally over. Calling ‘MATCH OVER’ before then is like the Sri Lankan President’s unilateral  declaration that the Parliament was dissolved when he said ‘Hey Presto!’
When we write independently – we present as to how we read / experienced a certain manifestation. Every other writer / presenter of that subject matter has the DUTY to demonstrate respect for such presentation. If one finds it uninteresting – one who has democratic status has the duty  to distance oneself from that presenter. By criticizing – one  is confirming interest as opposition and the excitement of attacking. As my first boss in Australian Public Service – Ms Colleen Moore said about a male manager whose reaction I found disturbing ‘He is upset that you have done what he thought he could do’
By not ‘obeying’ or ‘pleasing’ I have protected my investment in Democracy which would enrich Sri Lanka and empower every person who is truly Sri Lankan. What happens up there does not directly affect our lives as individuals. How we bring such manifestations into our lives matures or weakens us in our own governance.

No comments:

Post a Comment