Friday 9 February 2018



Gajalakshmi Paramasivam

09 February 2018                                    



Tamil Nationalists
‘Nationalism is a political, social, and economic system characterized by promoting the interests of a particular nation, particularly with the aim of gaining and maintaining self-governance, or full sovereignty, over the group's homeland. The political ideology therefore holds that a nation should govern itself, free from unwanted outside interference, and is linked to the concept of self-determination.’ – Wikipedia
Recently, I came across the following in regards to my book ‘Naan Australian’, finding a home in the National Library of Sri Lanka
OPAC - National Library of Sri Lanka
I was happy – equally happy as when I first learnt that my book was in the National Library of Australia. In both instances, this means to me that I am a Natural part of the environment/place that the Libraries officially represent. To me, the experience was like becoming the Natural head of those places. The placements did not have direct input  from me. Hence to my mind, they were placed there by Divine minds/souls through the subconscious and unconscious networks.  

Any Nationalist group that claims to self-represent a Community needs to know that it was formed along this Divine pathway. Does the Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam (TGTE) for example demonstrate this kind of ‘Independence’?

Lanka Business Online report about the incident in London on 04 February states that the (TGTE)  stated to the UK Government :[We strongly urge you not to allow Sri Lankan Brigadier Priyanka Fernando from leaving UK and initiate actions under universal jurisdiction.” Transnational Government of Tamil Eelam said.]

One who is Independent would not ‘urge’ another body to take action on its behalf. It would exercise its earned ‘rights’ through the appropriate system. The appropriate system as per the TGTE’s  stated make up is the Tamil Community. As confirmed by the flag carried by the members of this group, the LTTE – Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam are their predecessors/ancestors. If LTTE did facilitate this group to feel independent – they have every right to carry such flag. But LTTE did not have any status with the UK Government to expect any returns any time. Hence their descendants also do not have such rights. To my mind therefore, the ‘show’ by TGTE is for selfish reasons and is an insult to those who ‘lost’ – including their lives – and their ability to think independently – the sense of Independence they felt before militancy and after militancy – outside the range covered by militants – especially Intellectual Independence.

I am one of those Tamils who so preserved my Intellectual Independence, including with militants  and hence the eligibility of my work to travel through the highest pathway – the pathway of Truth that is independent of opposition. It’s this opportunity to be independent that I share with fellow Tamils, fellow Sri Lankans and fellow Australians.

A true Nationalist is independent of any opposition but uses opposition to express respect the other side / outer side as an Equal. I do not know of any Tamil or Sinhalese who confirms this independence at least at my level.  

My book has informed me through the natural placement of my book - that the current regime has the positive karma to facilitate  minorities to develop Independence through their own pathways. The fact that the Jaffna Library did not facilitate this confirms to me that my pathway in Sri Lanka is the National pathway and not Eelam pathway. Even in the case of the University of Jaffna – the placement did not happen naturally – but out of gratitude by Dr Darshanan who needed and received my services to esclate workplace management issues to national level.

I have the duty to pass on the National heritage to my  heirs to facilitate their maintenance of global standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment