Monday 10 April 2023

10 April 2023

Gajalakshmi Paramasivam

 

 

TALE OF TWO CITIES – KOTTE & JAFFNA

 

The response strongest response to my article ‘DO YOU FEEL TERRORISED MR PRESIDENT?came from a wise Sri Lankan of Sinhala orgin who shared as follows:

Thank you Gaja.

Just a few small points.  The vast majority of Legal sector are opposed to this totally Anti terrorism Bill which appears to put 'Adolf H' even to shame!

Also RW is NOT the 'architect' of IMF discussions but Mr Nandalal Weerasinghe  present Governor of Central Bank. Actually RW, very craftily is trying to take all the kudos from the slight progress Sri Lanka has made over this short period, but I personally do not think so. There are so many others associated with the Central Bank and a FEW other important Ministries involved in day to day governance who have made this difference and MOST importantly the sheer resilience of the Sri Lankan people throughout the length and breadth of Sri Lanka who have made this possible.  RW is doing something of a 'Madame Defarge'....act,  I feel.  Knitting....knitting...the destruction and downfall of Sri Lanka IF he gets his way...selling Prime profit making assets and such like.’

My response was:

Thank you. Given that this is a political issue, the face has to be that of political leader of the party whom we best identify with. The governor of CB is not a politician. His work has to merge with that of a leading politician. This seems to be RW. I believe I am the most self governing Sri Lankan Tamil known to me. At political level I have to Tamil representative. Hence I add my energies on issues basis. At National level, I identify mostly through UNP structure. Hence my discovery that Professor Wilson (SJV’s son in law) was JR’s advisor in terms of 1978 Constitution. As per my discoveries, when we are true to ourselves, the divinity / truth in the ‘position’ we relate through, receives our contribution. If RW is true to his position, he would be empowered by my contribution and through him all those who are loyal to him. When I met RW in person in 2019, I had already interacted with Mr Vajira Abeywardena.  I found him to be a humble person who demonstrated respect for Param continuing in his profession. It is my understanding that VA also qualified as an engineer but moved to politics. Later when we met RW he also expressed special recognition for Param’s academic affiliation. Given that I am the one in Public life, I made it our common appreciation of and investment in higher education. This is a political heritage that Jaffna Tamils carry. Anyone who respects that is empowered by it. They will identify with it if they are genuine / true to themselves.

 

I smiled when I read your conclusion ‘RW is doing something of a 'Madame Defarge'....act,  I feel.  Knitting....knitting...the destruction and downfall of Sri Lanka IF he gets his way...selling Prime profit making assets and such like.

 

What would you do if you were a minority of One? The protestors played music while claiming that Sri Lanka was burning due to political leadership. Now RW is taking the same path to allow truth to take its course – as he did during the Constitutional Crisis – when he held up the number 1 in Parliament. The knitting is the parallel of that music, in his current position. If he were the antagonist, who is the protagonist? Gotabaya Rajapakse? But then as per the protestors he was the antagonist. In terms of Tamils, RW is the protagonist and GR is the antagonist who was knitting when Tamil homeland was burning. It is indeed ‘A Tale of two cities’. Your insight as usual is admirable.

Love

Gaja

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment