Friday 29 April 2022

 

 

POLITICS BEFORE ARMED WAR

Most are blaming the Rajapaksas for the current economic problems in Sri Lanka.  One of my new readers wrote:

[Dear Gajalakshmi

Your activism is admirable. But the following quote from you makes me doubt your knowledge of the history of Tamil politics before the dawn of LTTE.

"The current protests would not have surfaced in Sri Lanka ‘outside’ the Parliament if the internal opposition had been active. In terms of Tamils in Northern Sri Lanka, Democracy failed due to ‘lack of motivation’ to Oppose. That was our time based karma for depending on the power of the brawn instead of the brain. We used Democracy only to ‘show’ a leader."

Really?]

 

My response was:

[Thank you for appreciating my contribution.

The passage you could not identify with – begins as follows:

"The current protests would not have surfaced in Sri Lanka ‘outside’ the Parliament if the internal opposition had been active.”

In autocracy, when the senior-junior relationship is completed – the sovereignty of that group is confirmed. I Democracy the completion happens through Equal Opposition.

The second part is:

In terms of Tamils in Northern Sri Lanka, Democracy failed due to ‘lack of motivation’ to Oppose. That was our time based karma for depending on the power of the brawn instead of the brain. We used Democracy only to ‘show’ a leader."

 

The lack of motivation happened due to Armed Rebellion which by its very nature has to be autocratic. Civilians whose family members were in the armed forces would have had inner conflict and this killed the power to ‘oppose’. If anyone said that the parents blessed their children when they went into combat – I would say they were ignorant of how Tamil parents felt. I lived with the combatants and learnt about this as if I were part of the community.

 

As for Karma, This part is more complex to explain. Take for example - Mr Wigneswaran who took the pathway – as if he were LTTE family. Yet he carries the title ‘Justice’ . The two are in conflict with each other. To explain my thinking I go to Lord Krishna’s golden advice – ‘Do your duty without expecting returns’. Duty is a process. Processes tested over time carry the minds of those who gave us the respective structures and those of all those who followed those processes. As part of Judiciary – Mr Wigneswaran produced certain outcomes – including his status as ‘Justice’. The processes he followed were based largely on the law and the minds of those who gave us those laws.  This includes the law of Thesawalamai but is not limited to it. Apart from Thesawalamai – most Tamil combatants would not have known the provisions of the law. As a judge – Mr Wigneswaran had the duty to find them guilty of crimes – including war-crimes. Not so as a Politician. The role of the politician is to be driven by common belief  - even if it were in breach of the written law. Such mind connects to the Universal power of Truth, which is exponential in its spread – beyond time and place boundaries. Belief is Energy. The question therefore is whether Mr Wigneswaran was sharing his Judicial mind or his belief as a Tamil Politician supporting Armed rebellion?

 

Armed rebels who renounced their earned status through other pathways would have had their own rewards. That is how Truth balances the external loss through internal happiness. Gandhi is a good example of this. I learnt about this through my own sacrifices here in Australia to Oppose racial discrimination. It was painful but I saw no other way. Now I know that this is the only way. When we sacrifice our earned outcomes – they become Due Processes. Due processes are Common Energy

 

As per my discovery, Swaha at the end of a mantram during Yaaham is towards this Common Energy. The physical outcomes cannot be taken with us. But in Energy form – we take the value of our work as well as ‘share’ with our heirs.]

The lady was referring to ‘history of Tamil politics before the dawn of LTTE’

 

The lady does make a valid point. I was least interested in Sri Lankan politics before 1983 because the institutions I worked for returned reliable returns for my investments. Likewise here in Australia, where even though my Sri Lankan qualifications were not recognized I continued to operate with forbearance. Now I realise that to the extent I was true to myself and my profession – the difference between the seen and the known outcomes and the real value of my work was accumulating as ownership Energy. This is essential in heritage. I inherited the lawful politics of professional politicians and this supported me when I had the need to use belief based management. Had I sought political benefits – this Energy would not have worked for me.

Likewise Sri Lankans who believe in intellectual politicians will invoke the Common heritage including from Colonial times and this would redeem Sri Lanka from the current crisis. As the lady has highlighted, we need to go to politics before armed war.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment