Sunday 27 March 2022

                                             COVID’S BLESSINGS

To the extent Covid was not within our management – it was a Natural Disaster to those who were hurt by it. Likewise, war. Pandemics and Wars seem to happen around the same time.

 

In Sri Lanka, the ethnic war continued for 30 years and to most civilians it was beyond our control and therefore management. Many who were outside its influence lacked the Energy to change its course. Others who unjustly suffered but continued to live within their means contributed strongly to Sri Lanka’s Sovereignty. Next come those who shared in the pain of victims as if it were theirs and did what they could by sharing themselves.

I believe that I am in the latter category. Those who endure pain develop intuition.  I feel that this was my message when I wrote that Australia also had its share of political injustice, in terms of less powerful ethnic groups. That was based on my personal pain because I made the declaration that Sri Lankan qualifications were my highest. In 2009, while I was waiting to be cleared by the Sri Lankan Health Ministry to go to the camps, I received the invitation from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka to apply for Fellow Member status. That boosted my confidence and I showed that status in my communication to the Ministry which cleared me to go to the camps. To me that ‘timing’ was a miracle.

Likewise, when I read the news report headed ‘President promised immediate action – Sumanthiran’ by Ceylon Today. As per this report:

President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has agreed to take immediate action for four major requests which were submitted by the Tamil National Alliance (TNA), including releasing the prisoners who were arrested under the Prevention of Terrorism Act (PTA), TNA Spokesman M.A. Sumanthiran said.

Due to Covid attacks, Politicians on both sides would have appreciated that – their time to complete this issue has been shortened and that the resources available have been depleted to levels far below their previous projections. This is why we need to do what we can and leave the rest to our Soul Power which makes the Universal connection,

No comments:

Post a Comment